Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chapter 234 Girl gone wild



Because Cassandra was getting more outrageous by the moment—a girl gone wild to be sure-- saying things no one ought to say in front of Violet, Simon desperately tried to shush her, but this only seemed to make her louder.

“I wanna ride you like a stallion, simple Simon!” Cassandra said, actually making him flush with embarrassment...which had never happened prior to this.

“Cassandra...what in the world?” Violet said, mystified. “Is she drunk?”

Cassandra shook her head and said, “Nooooo, just horny. Come here, Simple Simon.” She then attacked his neck.

“He's gonna have a hickey tomorrow, you'll see,” Ronnie whispered to Sophie, both of them unable to suppress their amusement.

“Violet, as you can see she is in no condition to answer your questions. She needs to sleep this off. Where should I take her?” Simon asked, trying to keep the girl from sucking his neck like a vampire.

“Kenny's room,” Sophie said, “Last one on the right.”

“Okay, let's get you into bed, Cassandra, okay?” Simon said, taking her up the stairs.
“Oh, yeah, then we can shake the house down...ride you like a grey hound bus I will,” she said, running her hands through his neat hair, making it stick out at odd angles.

“She's killing me,” Ronnie said, bursting out laughing. “A greyhound bus?”

Sophie elbowed him in the guts, but it did nothing but hurt her elbow.

Simon stopped half way up the stairs to glare down at the pair. “You might want to explain to Violet the situation instead of laughing like hyenas,” he said through clenched teeth. “This girl needs rest and perhaps a night gown so she's more comfortable?” 

“Are you planning on undressing her yourself?” Sophie said, grinning up at him. “Cuz Frankie's not gonna like that.”

“I think he has to worry about keeping his own clothes on,” Ronnie interjected, smirking up at his brother.

“ I'll get her a night gown...oh, I forgot, there's unwrapped presents all over Kenny's bed. Put her in my room for now, Simon, until I get the room fixed up,” Violet said heading up the stairs.

“No, Mom, I can do that,” Sophie said, “and Ronnie can tell you what happened tonight.”

“Really?” Ronnie said, in surprise. “You don't want to put your own spin on things to make sure your boyfriend isn't badmouthed? Unlike you, I won't sugarcoat what happened to Cassandra tonight or what nearly happened to you.”

Sophie turned around and grabbed a fistful of t-shirt yanking him down to her eye level. “For the last time, Antoine was never my boyfriend....EVER!”

“Hmm,” Ronnie said. “I'll believe that when I see it...like when you stop making excuses for him... or you get yourself another loser for a boyfriend.”

“Oh? You mean like you?” she retorted.

“Oh, snap,” Cassandra said, giggling. “She just called Ronnie a loser.”

“Well, she may be right,” Simon said proceeding up the steps.

“Lover's quarrels are swift to heal...so says Jane Austen anyway,” Violet muttered rushing up the stairs. “You kids talk it out and try not to kill each other while I fix up the room for Cassandra. The first room on the left is mine, Simon.”

Simon went in the room directed and placed his charge on Violet's neatly made bed. “Let's get your coat off first,” he said, prying her hands from around his neck.
He slipped it off her shoulders and tossed it onto a nearby chair. As soon as her hands were free they went to the buttons on his shirt.

“Hey! What are you doing? Stop that!” he said, grabbing her hands.

“I want you...now,” she said, wriggling her hands free and going right back to his buttons. “I've waited long enough.”

“Stop that, Cassandra! Need I remind you we only just met a few hours ago? Actually, little more than an hour,” he said grabbing her wrists this time and holding them fast.

“Don't you wanna have sex with me, Simon? I like you. I love you!” she said, struggling to get her hands free. “I wanna kiss you, I wanna kiss your...”

“Yes, I know what you say you want to do,” he interrupted lest she entice him further. “You're not yourself right now. When you are we can... we'll see how you feel about me then and...”

“I'll love you forever!”

“Yeah...forever is relative at the moment,” he muttered, pushing her down onto the pillows. “You need to rest right now and in the morning...”

“In the morning we can do it again and again and again,” she said lifting herself to a sitting position, “Oh, we'll have so much fun, Simon, I promise."

“Cassandra, please stop this. You're killing me,” he said. “Believe me I'd love to stay with you all night and do nearly everything you've suggested, but there are rules that cannot be broken and you in this condition is one of them. Try me again tomorrow, when you're yourself again, okay? I have to leave now so you can sleep this off.”

“Oh....okay,” she said pouting. “Can I have one kiss? Please, Simon?”

He smiled and pushed her wonderfully curly hair out of her beautiful eyes. “Just one then I have to go, okay?”

She nodded and closed her eyes waiting for the kiss. He leaned forward and just touched her lips with his when her arms shot up, wrapped around him and she pulled him down. He fell heavily on top of her, not believing anyone so small could be this strong. Then she kissed him...like really kissed him and he--God help him-- forgot about her killing machine brother and he kissed her back.

“Oh, Simon...” she moaned.

“Yeah...I know,” he whispered and kissed her some more.

“Simon, you shouldn't be doing that!”

He almost fell off the bed in his haste to get away. “Violet... I....uh...Sorry, Violet, but she...uh... I'm sorry,” he said, panting, moving back from the bed.

“He's my boyfriend, Violet. I'm allowed to kiss him...... no matter what Frankie says,” Cassandra said defiantly.

“Yes, but there's time enough for that tomorrow when you're feeling better,” Violet said in a soothing voice. “I have your room all fixed up now.”

“Simon can take me,” Cassandra said lifting her arms to him.

He looked at her as if she were jail bait, which was not too far from the truth. “I think you can walk now, Cassandra.”

“Simon!” she said and she started to cry copiously. “Don't you love me anymore?”

"Oh, for the luvva..." he muttered, running frustrated fingers through his hair.

“Simon, please, she's not well,” Violet said. “Just one more time....just down the hall.”

He relented, picked her up again and followed Violet to Kenny's old room. Straight away Cassandra kissed him all over his face and neck. “I hope you still like me this much tomorrow, but I have a feeling you won't even know me,” he muttered.

“Of course I know you. You're my Simple Simon,” she said, hugging him tightly.

Rolling his eyes, he deposited her onto the second bed and swiftly pulled away, leaving Violet to deal with her. He felt slightly bad, making Violet deal with the nut-job, but not enough to stick around. He breathed a tiny sigh of a mixture of relief and regret. He wouldn't have minded taking a wild ride with that pretty little thing, but then he remembered her Rambo brother and went down the stairs wondering what Cassandra would remember tomorrow.

Ronnie and Sophie stood glaring at each other as they others went upstairs. Neither spoke for a good long time, but slowly the corner of Ronnie's mouth quirked upward. He was, after all, in company with Sophie Bennett, the hottest chick he'd ever seen, and she never looked hotter. Pity she was off limits.

Sophie, on the other hand, having not set any such limitations saw his smile and felt the familiar butterflies in her belly and she fleetingly wished she had the excuse of being drugged to let him know what she wanted to do to him...oddly, they were along the same lines as Cassandra's desires. Seeing him smile, she followed suit, and before they knew it they were laughing, although they didn't quite know why.

“Crazy night, huh?” he said.

“Definitely didn't turn out as I imagined,” she retorted, moving into the living room, assuming he'd follow.

He did. “Yeah, must be tough having your boyfriend...”

“Unless you want my fist in your pretty face, you won't finish that sentence,” she said, sitting down next to her mother's discarded knitting.

He chuckled and tossed himself down on the other end of the couch. “Like I'd even feel it,” he said.

“I'm tougher than I look,” she said.

“I'll bet,” he said.

“I doubt this is what you planned for the night, huh?"

"Nope."

"Me neither. I was bored stiff tonight. Watching my mom knitting stuff to give away as Christmas presents isn't exactly the most exciting thing in the world.” She lifted her mother's yarn, rolled her eyes, then tossed it onto the coffee table. “So, when Antoine... my NON-boyfriend, came over with a free Christmas tree for my mom, and he mentioned there was some sort of ...I dunno....local bands playing at Danfords, I jumped at the chance to get outta here. I regretted it as soon as I got there and he got all...”

“Assshole-ish?” Ronnie inserted with a smirk.

“Yes, actually. He was definitely acting like an asshole,” she said, casting a warning look.

“Don't think it's an act. That's his true nature, in my experience,” Ronnie said, his smirk dissolving into a grimace as he stared at her. He hated thinking what that jerk might have done to her, what might have happened if...

“But then I was super lucky. A group of my high school friends, who I haven't seen in so long, were there, too, and they pretty much rescued me from a disturbing night of...”

“Asshole Antoine.”

She laughed. “Is that what we're gonna call him from now on?”

He shrugged. “Been calling him that for years...since I moved up here from the city. He was a huge dick then and he's a huge dick now ...and not in a good way,” he said, smirking again.

She threw her head back and laughed uproariously. “That I wouldn't know!”

“That's her story and she's sticking to it...especially with Mama Violet close enough to overhear,” he said.

Sophie stopped laughing and she sighed. “Seriously, Ronnie, he was never my boyfriend. Geeze...I never even kissed him, okay? Except on the cheek a couple times. That doesn't count, does it? Didn't mean anything.”

He swallowed hard. It meant something to him when she kissed him and he was absolutely certain it meant something to Antoine as well...even if he was an asshole.

“I thought that might be the highlight of the night, seeing my friends..but then they were all like, I'm a rock star and stuff. It was really awesome! And then...Well, I got Cassandra back.”

Ronnie frowned. “You mean you meant to get back at her? For what?” he shouted.

She made a funny face as she stared at him. “What the hell you talking about? I mean we're friends again. We...kinda had a falling out, as my mom calls it. Antoine's fault... and mine. Gosh, I missed her. Missed all my friends really, but I didn't know how much until tonight.”

“Then it was a pretty good night for you, if you got all your friends back. What could top that?” he said. “Except not being drugged by a psycho-asshole.”

She smiled. “Well, since you asked....you.”

“What?” he said.

“You asked what could top all that, so...you.” She giggled at his stunned expression.

 “It's true. Just when I was thinking that my friends treating me like a celebrity was all that, I saw you up on stage singing one of my favorite songs and then...” She leaned over and grabbed his hand. “You pulled me up on stage to sing with you. I thought we did pretty well together and...What a rush! I haven't had that much fun since I left Miami.”

I know the feeling, Ronnie thought to himself. He was getting a rush right now and he sure hoped she wouldn't notice. “Yeah...uh...Vance told me it was the easiest way to find you and he was right,” he said, reluctantly pulling his hand free.

A bit miffed, but not deterred, she moved closer to him on the couch. “And what did you want me for?”

Why does any red-blooded male want a gorgeous girl? He cleared his throat and tried to clear his thoughts as well. “You know....Violet sent me to get you...us...sent us... me and Simon. We thought you were in trouble...you were, but...Cassie and...” He was rambling, so he decided to shut up before he said something very stupid.

Lucky for him, his cell phone rang at that moment with an ancient tune “That's my dad,” he said, quickly grabbing the phone with fumbling fingers and he put it to his ear, his eyes on Sophie's sexy legs. “Hey, Dad...Yep, we're at Violet's.... uh...that's a long story. Can I tell you about it when we get back?....oh...where you going? Oh...okay. Sure, what's a big brother for if not to watch the little ones... Nah, I don't mind. Got nothing to do anyway... Will you stay overnight? …okay... no worries. Don't gotta bother Grandma...Wake me before you leave...that early? On second thought don't...we will....we won't... We should be home soon...after we talk to Violet....um, long story remember?...I told you we won't....promise. Yep....okay, g'night, Dad. Love ya.”

Sophie watched him as he talked to his father wishing she could have a stupid chat about nothing in particular with her own father. Just as the tightness in her chest was near unbearable, Ronnie tucked the phone away into his pocket and she blinked quickly and she forced a smile, pretending all was fine. “What was that about?” she asked.

He wasn't fooled. Her sudden sadness was palpable. She looked ready to cry, making him feel guilty just for having a father who was very much alive. He shrugged. “He's just like your mom... he worries,” he said. He should have stopped there, but he couldn't help adding, “That's why they belong together...they're so alike.”

“Gimme a break! They are nothing alike,” she snapped.

He shook his head. “How do you know? You barely know my dad. I don't think you even know Violet anymore. You've been away for a long time...with your awesome boyfriend.”

She ignored the last part. “Oh, really? And you do?”

“Yeah, I do. I've seen them together. I spent time with them, and watched them and I've seen how much they love each other. Have you?”

She crossed her arms over her chest. “I don't have to see them together to know they are totally wrong for each other.”

“You're incredible. You're either horribly selfish or willfully ignorant. Which is it?” he said, just as angry as she was.

“Who the hell do you think you are telling me I don't know my own mother?” she said.

“Someone who cares more about my father's happiness than you do about your mom's. Guess that answers the question...selfish it is.” He got up off the couch and strode to the pathetic looking Christmas tree Antoine had brought over. It barely reached his chin. 

He plucked at a branch and caused a shower of needles to litter the wide-plank wood floor. “Yikes, your boyfriend can't even get you a decent tree. Yep, he's a winner all right. You deserve each other.”

Before he knew what happened, Sophie jumped to her feet and started pounding his back with her fists.

“What the hell?” he shouted, turning around so she could beat on his chest instead.

“You call Antoine my boyfriend one more time and I swear I will beat the shit outta you!” she said through clenched teeth accentuating each word with another blow.

“You mean like you're doing right now? Ouch,” he said in a bored voice.

She then grabbed his shirt and pulled him down so they were nose to nose. She didn't know whether to continue punching him or just kiss him. She knew what she wanted to do, what she should do, now that she had her chance, but...

“My, my, my...can't leave you two alone for a minute,” Simon said, popping in just then.

Ronnie and Sophie jumped. Sophie just lost her chance.





©2015 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

2 comments: