Monday, September 23, 2013

Ch180 Elvis was a pedophile?



    

“Well, this is weird. I never thought Elvis was a pedophile. For shame Shirley!”

Violet gasped and pulled away from Victor’s embrace, blushing scarlet. “Freddy! We were just…uh…just…”

“Hey, don’t mind us,” Freddy said, smirking. “I was just looking for a bathroom for my little kitty cat here.” 

Molly stood next to him scratching her whiskered nose with one finger, staring up at Victor who still had his arm around Violet. “Whatcha doing here in da dark?” she said.

“Oh, you know,” Victor said, grinning like a fool. “Showing Shirley my jungle room.”

“Jungle room? Can I see it, too?” Molly said.

“He’s kidding, Molly… I think,” Freddy said.

“Oh…’kay,” she said, and she went down the hall to the bathroom by herself, her long tail swishing from side to side behind her.

“I’ll stay with Molly,” Violet said.

“No need. I’m here. Go on with Elvis, the jungle room’s waiting,” Freddy said, turning his back on them and following Molly down the dark corridor.

Victor laughed until he caught the look on Violet’s face. “What?”


“I don’t appreciate being used,” Violet said, folding her arms over her chest.

“Used?” he said, aghast.

“Yes, used.”

“How am I using you?”

“You tell me. Either to break up with your girlfriend or make her jealous or whatever you’re doing,” she snapped.

“One and a half dates does not make her my girlfriend,” he retorted.

She gave him a weird look. “Half a date?”

“Yes, well, let’s just say I wisely cut it short. You see, I made the wise choice to have our kids meet and…”

“Ronnie and Simon?” she said, surprised. 

“No, my new kids, Georgiana, Julian and Peter,” he said and he held up his hand before she could interrupt. “Don’t say it. They are mine already. Having it be legal isn’t going to make them less mine. They’ll be moving in with me as soon as I can manage it.”

Violet gaped at him, stunned with the speed which things were progressing and the pain it caused her, the outsider. “Okay,” she mumbled.

“For our second date…”

“I don’t have to know. None of my…”

“Yeah, it is your business, because it was all your doing.”

“Wh...excuse me?” she shouted.

“We had lunch, her kids and mine, and that was enough to know definitively that it wasn’t going to work.”

Violet nodded, a knowing smirk playing about her lips. “So, you met the goth girls, huh? That must have been nice.”

“Emo, actually, but that’s neither here nor there, and it most certainly wasn’t nice,” he said adamantly.

“They were…bratty?” she said, raising her eyebrows.

“I would say something more colorful…but I wouldn’t want to insult dogs.”

Violet giggled. “I did try to warn you, but I got accused of being …what was it you called me? Ah, yes, judgemental,” she said, just barely stopping herself from childishly sticking her tongue out at him and saying, “Tolja so!”

“Yes, I should have listened, but I was…”

“Mad at me,” she said.

“Pissed as hell,” he corrected.

They stared at each other, right back where they left off, nothing having changed.

“Well, you know what they say, if at first you don’t succeed… I’m sure you’ll find a woman who will be…”

“Another disaster,” he finished for her, placing his hands on her arms and pulling her closer. “I wish you’d quit this bullshit and just marry me and put an end to this madness.”

She brushed his hands off her and glared at him. “My, goodness…your marriage proposals have gone downhill since the first one, each subsequent one worse than the last.”

“Are you saying you’d marry me if I got down on my knees after a romantic dinner, with dancing and oh, let's say a carriage ride through central park or say, a visit to Niagara falls and possibly a romantic stay at a lovely little bed and breakfast? Oh, yes, and I have to buy a huge rock to slip on your finger…again? Cuz if you will recall I have already done all that, but that won’t stop me from doing it all over again… in a heartbeat, if that is what you want, but then you’ll have no excuse.”

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, Violet thought as she gulped and tried to step back. Her mind raced, trapped, but no way out came to her.

“Miss Violet?”

Endlessly grateful for the interruption, Violet spun on her heels and smiled in relief at Kelly and Maria. “Yes, girls, what is it?”

“Can we do it now?” Maria asked excitedly.

“We’re all ready,” Kelly said.

“Do what?” Victor asked.

“It’s a surprise!” the girls said together.

“Yes, get everything ready. We’ll be right in,” Violet said, following the girls, until Victor’s hand circled her arm and held her back.

“We’re not done,” he said.

“We have a party to get to, Victor, the kids and our guests, so this has to wait,” she said.

He glowered at the back of her head as she slipped away from him and went back to the party. “Wonder if Elvis had any chains in his jungle room,” he muttered through clenched teeth. “I obviously need them.”

He had been about to step into the living room when Catherine blocked his way. He groaned aloud. 

Could this night get any worse? Indeed it could and would.



©2013 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved    

 Photo Credit: http://web-images.chacha.com/images/Gallery/4587/celebs-you-thought-were-dead-but-aren-t-1372326316-sep-4-2012-1-600x400.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment